Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Prospero and Sycorax


Prospero and Sycorax

Prospero
(Walking towards Sycorax) Who are you?
Sycorax
I am Sycorax and who are you?
Prospero
I am Prospero. Anyway, what is the noise coming from inside the pine tree?
Sycorax
Ohhhh them, th… the they are spirits.
Prospero
Get those spirits out at once. I want to see them.
Sycorax
Who are you to command me (screams)?
Miranda
Father, I’m scared (cries)!
Prospero
Don’t worry Miranda, I promise this will be all done.
Miranda
Ok father.
Sycorax
As if you will sort it out! You are nowhere as powerful as me. Look at all the gadgets, gold, swords I have got.
Prospero
You ugly old lady, you don’t even know who I am though you lived in Milan. Sit down. I will explain to you who I am. I am Prospero, the duke of Milan, the real duke of Milan. I live in a cave. Most of the things in my cave are related to books. I love books. I spend most of my reading. I love reading.  
Sycorax
Very interesting, but you are not more powerful than me.
Prospero
(angrily) How can you say that ?
Sycorax
Oh yes, I can say that.
Prospero
Now stop that arguing.
Sycorax
(pulling her sword out) We should see who is better. I bet I’ve got better powers and I can defeat you in the fight.
Caliban
Ohhhhhhhh, mama, stop, stop! Don’t do it mama! I am scared!
Sycorax
You shouldn’t be scared, your mum Sycorax, she is so stronger than that bad wicked Prospero.
Prospero
(pulling his sword out) Let’s see then.

Both of them start fighting and suddenly Miranda and Caliban appear.
Prospero
Ok then, here I go.
Miranda
FATHERRRRR! Don’t do it please don’t do it.
Prospero
Let go, Miranda you will see that witch cannot defeat me you know that don’t you. Your father is the duke of Milan and he has got the first Magic Book Of Spells ever made, it has got spells that could defeat wicked witches and it is now the most powerful thing in the whole world. 
Sycorax
Ha Ha Ha Ha! 
Caliban
(crying) Mama don’t do it I hate it when people are fighting and you are not doing it with any random person you are fighting with the duke of Milan.

Prospero comes forward and pulls his sword out. Sycorax comes forward too and pulls her sword out. Caliban and Miranda stand back just in case of hurt. Miranda and Caliban stay back and play together and they forget about Sycorax and Prospero fighting.
Prospero
Yeah I win. I knew she would lose. Now I have got Caliban with me and she will be made as my slave. A big relief now, I don’t have to worry about that wicked witch. Also I could now set the Ariel free and she will be my spirit forever.
Miranda
Yippee daddy wins I knew you would win after you told me about the magic book.  
Caliban
Oh no and now will I have to be the slave of Prospero. OHHH! 
Prospero
Oh yes you will I am so sorry but you will be made my slave.

And each day of Prospero’s life was happy. Miranda grew and Caliban is still the slave of Prospero he is so sad about it!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment