Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Prospero and Sycorax


Prospero and Sycorax



Sycorax
How dare you liberate the spirits I  caged up.
Prospero
They were not yours to cage up. They are unique spirits and belong to no one.
Sycorax
I rule here no question, and you shall to this day be under my command like your unfortunate little friends.
Prospero
I will give up this fight if you and your ghastly children join me and do some good in the world. It would make a little change to your evil regime.
Caliban and Elaban
(Caliban and Elaban chorus together)
Go Mummy you can do it, you are much cleverer than him. You are much more powerful and have been doing magic for ages. You will do so for many years to come, with no one in your way. You are immortal, he cannot get rid of you.
Sycorax
Thank you my children you have brought more power to me with those words. But now please get out of the way!
Prospero
My Ariel’s, flee while you still have the chance. Flee where she will never find you again. I have broken the spell that keeps you in her wrath. Go where none of her spells can get to you.
Elaban
Noooooo! I still want food brought to me when I can’t be bothered to get up.
Caliban
I still want my bedtime stories when I’m scared of the monster sleeping in the bed next to me.
Elaban
That’s me!
Caliban
Oh.
Elaban
I still want my toenails sharpened.
Caliban
I still want my cuddly toys cleaned.
Elaban
And don’t even mention all the new toys we get with you around.
Caliban
I still want my roasted marshmallows.





Sycorax
Don’t worry my children those spirits will not get away from me.
Elaban
Mummy!
Prospero
Death or victory.
Sycorax
By the end of this you will be a puddle of goo and I will be victorious.
Prospero
I think not.
Sycorax
I am immortal, don’t you understand I cannot be killed.
Prospero
I understand perfectly but there are things much worse than death.

(Sycorax snorts disbelievingly and advances towards Prospero)
Prospero
You do not believe me do you? I would warn you not to come any closer
Sycorax
I shall squash you Prospero!
Prospero
I hereby cast the into the darkest place on earth to teach her some manners fly to the pit of Tartarus.
Sycorax
Nooooooooooooooooo!
Elaban and Caliban
My Mummy!!!!

(A pool of substance melts around her feet and the great Sycorax is sucked into it)
Prospero
What’s done is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment